Konferens Shaping “Zeitenwende”: European Perspectives on the War in Ukraine and a New Security Landscape
The Russian aggression against Ukraine in February 2022 shook the world and has caused immense suffering and destruction. As a result of the war, Germany, Sweden and Finland radically changed their security and defence doctrines. We are experiencing a historic turning point, which raises questions about how a new European security architecture might look like.
Welcome to a seminar about progressive foreign and security policy.
Introduction: Kristina Birke Daniels (FES) and Håkan A Bengtsson (Arenagruppen/Arena Idé)
- Sven-Eric Söder, former state secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, former director general of the Folke Bernadotte Academy
- Minna Ålander, Research Fellow, Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- Nicole Deitelhoff, Chair for International Relations and Theories of Global Order at Goethe University, Director of Research at the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF)
- Andriy Korniychuk, Policy Analyst on International Relations, Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)
- Alexey Yusupov, Director, Russia Programme of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
Moderator: Uwe Optenhögel, Vice-President, Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)
The seminar will be conducted in English.
Friday, 25th of August, 9.30 – 11.00
Plenisalen in LO-borgen, Barnhusgatan 18
Organised by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Arena idé.